- On October 28, 2016
Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean the good times have to come to an end. There is a wealth of fun fall activities for families living in the Minneapolis area.
Check out the following fall family events and fill your calendar with plenty of outings to keep everyone entertained.
Staying physically active as cooler weather sets in might be a challenging task for the family. Luckily, there are plenty of fun fall activities for family outings, both indoors and outdoors.
Consider trying a few of these entertaining ways to stay fit as a family.
- Free Family Fun Days with the Three Rivers Parks: Every Sunday, the Three Rivers Park system offers fall outdoor activities for families. Head to Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park from 1pm to 3pm or the Richardson Nature Center from 3pm to 4pm for a different themed activity every Sunday.
- Apple Valley Community Center Open Gym: Too cold to go outside? This community center offers open gym times for families with toddlers, preschoolers, and school-aged children.
- Zero Gravity: Another great option for fun fall activities for family outings is to head to Zero Gravity. Our indoor trampoline park also offers a climbing wall, laser tag, an arcade and many other fun attractions.
Concerts, story times, and fall festivals are also a great way to spend time together as a family. Take a look at these fun October events in Minneapolis.
- St. Paul Chamber Orchestra Family Concert: Check out the Family Forte concert on October 29. This family event runs from 9:3am until 11am and features a bilingual story told through English and Spanish poetry and music.
- Storytime in the Library: Children love a good story. Enjoy storytime at the Andersen Horticultural Library every Thursday. Adult admission is $12, and children are free.
- Midtown Global Market Family Nights: Check out the Midtown Global Market for fall family games and entertainment. Family Night is every Friday evening, and features food, music, and activities for the whole family.
Children learn and develop through play and other fun activities. Check out the following fun fall events and places you can take the whole family for a rich learning experience.
- Bell Museum of Natural History: Take the whole family to the museum. Admission normally costs $5 per child and $8 for each adult, with free admission on Sundays.
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: Free admission makes the Minneapolis Institute of Art another great choice. Their diverse collection ranges from classic art to modern masterpieces.
- Preschool Playdate at the Science Museum: Looking for Halloween crafts for children, but with a twist? Check out Preschool Playdates at the Science Museum every Tuesday from 10am until noon. Kids can make seasonal crafts and browse the museum. Preschool-aged children are free with adult admission ($13).
Autumn is such an exciting time in the Twin Cities. Head outdoors to enjoy the crisp autumn weather while you still can, and when you’d rather play indoors, check out the fun to be had at Zero Gravity. We’ll be here for you and your family all winter long as well!