- Posted by Zero Gravity
- On December 21, 2016
- 0 Comments
Winter break comes around every year, giving you a few weeks of down time to enjoy with your kids. So how do you keep them busy and not bored?
Here are 10 of our favorite activities to get you, and your kids, through this season:
- Bake Cookies Together – Everybody loves baking and decorating cookies at this time of year. They make great gifts for friends and family, and your kids will enjoy getting to mix all the ingredients together.
- Visit the Trampoline Park – Zero Gravity is a great way to burn off some energy and get out of the house. Let your kids jump and play all day with their friends.
- Find Indoor Play Areas – Many malls and other shopping centers, as well as Zero Gravity, have begun adding indoor play areas for kids. Stay warm while your kids run and play on indoor slides and climbing gyms.
- Go See a Movie – There are tons of great kid-friendly movies hitting theaters this holiday season. Enjoy a night out with some popcorn and candy.
- Visit a Children’s Museum – Children’s museums are designed not just to teach kids about science and art, but also to allow them to experiment with these concepts on their own. Your kids can build in a workshop or play instruments or create art.
- Go To The Library – Challenge your kids to read a certain number of books during the break, or just take them to enjoy story time at your local library. Many great adventures begin with a good book.
- Go Sledding – If you don’t mind the cold weather, taking the kids sledding is a great outdoor activity. Just find a small hill and let the fun begin.
- Go Swimming – Local recreation centers offer indoor pools for swimming year-round. You can take the kids swimming for an afternoon and dream of being on the beach.
- DIY Science Experiments – Search the web for easy homemade science projects for your kid’s age range. Building a volcano or some other contraption will keep their minds busy.
- Go Ice Skating – It wouldn’t be winter without the chance to go ice skating at your local rink or frozen lake. Ice rinks are a great place to have parties and share some time with friends and family.
Here at Zero Gravity, we want your kids to have a safe and memorable winter break. A trip to Zero Gravity will get their school vacation off to a great start, and you will have plenty of time to explore the town and try out some of these other fun activities as well.